Logo - chinese-embassy.info
a resource of Chinese embassy and consulate and also China visa information for all countries.
China embassies and consulates in South Korea

KOR - Flag

South Korea
Population: 48,636,068
Area: 99,720 sq km
Ethnic groups: homogeneous
Religions: Christian, Buddhist
Languages: Korean, English
Capital: Seoul
Country Phone Code: +82
Currency: South Korean won

Chinese embassy in Seoul South Korea

Website: http://www.chinaemb.or.kr
Email: chinaemb_kr@mfa.gov.cn
Ambassador: Mr. Zhang Xinsen
Address: 54, Hyoja-Dong, Jongno-Gu, Seoul, 110033, Korea
Office Hours: 09:00-12:00, 13:30-17:30, Monday-Friday
Tel: +82-2-7381038
Fax: +82-2-7381077

Consular Office
Address: 50-7, No.2 Street, Namsan-dong, Chung-gu, Seoul
Office Hour:
Application: 9:00-11:30 Monday-Friday; 13:30-15:30 Monday-Thursday
Pick-up: 9:00-11:30 Monday-Friday
Tel: +82-2-7567300, 7550453, 7550456, 7045004
Fax: +82-2-7550469
Email: consulate_korea@mfa.gov.cn

Consular Protection
Tel: +82-2-7550473, 7567336, 7550536, 7550535

Political Office Fax: +82-2-7381046

Education Office
Tel: +82-2-7382068
Fax: +82-2-7381044
Email: zhuhanjiaoyuchu@yahoo.com.cn
Website: http://www.eoe.or.kr

Economic & Commercial Office
Address: 406-2, Sindang-dong, Chung-gu, Seoul, Korea
Tel: +82-2-22537521, 22537522, 22537523
Fax: +82-2-22537524
Email: kr@mofcom.gov.cn
Website: http://kr.mofcom.gov.cn

(updated: Mar. 14, 2011)

Chinese consulate in Busan South Korea

Website: http://busan.china-consulate.org
Email: chinaconsul_bu_kr@mfa.gov.cn
Consul General: Ms. Hao Xiaofei
Address: 1418, U-2 Dong, Haeundae-Gu, Busan, 612022, Korea
Office Hour: 9:30-11:30 Monday-Friday
Tel: +82-51-7437990
Fax: +82-51-7437987

Consular Office
Office Hour: 9:00-11:30 Monday-Friday
Tel: +82-51-7437990
Fax: +82-51-7437971

Consular Protection
Tel: +82-51-7437989
Fax: +82-51-7437973
Mobile: +82-11-95198748

Administrative Office Tel: +82-51-7437983
Secretary to Ambassador Tel: +82-51-7437988
Press, Culture & Eucation Office Tel: +82-51-7436068

Economic & Commercial Office
Tel: +82-51-7424991, 7424992
Fax: +82-51-7425446
Website: http://busan.mofcom.gov.cn

(updated: Jul. 13, 2011)

Chinese embassy in Gwangju South Korea

Website: http://gwangju.china-consulate.org
Email: consulate_gwangju@mfa.gov.cn
Consul General: Ms. Yan Fenglan
Address: 919-6, Wolsan-dong, Nam-gu, Gwangju, Korea
Tel: +82-62-3858874
Fax: +82-62-3858880

Consular Office
Office Hour: 9:00-11:30 Monday-Friday
Tel: +82-62-3518857

Consular Protection
Tel: +82-62-3858873, 3858872
Duty Phone on holiday: +82-10-23512110
Fax: +82-62-3858880

(updated: Mar. 14, 2011)
British national living in South Korea as a teacher requires a working visa for China. As of July 1st the rules for application is changing - do I need to apply for the working visa in my home country or can I do it from South Korea. Please advise - all phone numbers I have tried are in Chinese and Korean (even the British embassy in Seoul). Thanks
By: Andrew at Jun 23, 2013 - 18:46
Hello, I am an English teacher living in Incheon, and wish to visit friends in Shanghai next month. I have a valid British passport and 8 months remaining on my ARC/Korean Visa - what is the process to gain a Visa into China? Cheers.
By: Gary at Jun 18, 2013 - 3:38
I am an Indian citizen with E3 korean visa. I have a business trip planned to Shanghai next month. Can you please confirm that can i get visa within this time line.
Confirm that what are the documents needed for applying visa..
By: Karthi at Jun 4, 2013 - 0:21
Hello! I am researcher in Korean institute, in Daejeon. I am from Russian Federation and my visa type is E-3. I have ARC which is valid till 2013.11.02. I would like to visit China for scientific conference. Can I apply for Chinese visa in Korea? What embassy I have to apply (Seoul, Gwangju or Pusan)? What documents I have to provide? When it is better to apply (conference dates - 2013.09.25-30).
By: Daria at May 27, 2013 - 18:13
I am a Colombian citizien, I will travel to corea on july, I would like to visit china, Can I apply to chinnese visa in Seoul or Busan? Which is the process?
By: Diana at May 23, 2013 - 19:10
I’m from Brazil. Nowadays, I am an exchange student living in South Korea. I want to travel from Korea to China for one week for tourist.
My Korea Visa is valid until: 22/July/2013
The Korean Alien Registration Card valid until: 04/August/2013
In the travel agency they explained to me that my Korea Visa should be valid until October to apply the China Visa.
I want to travel in June to China, my Korea Visa only expire in July, Can I apply to China Visa to travel in June?
By: Alexandre at May 19, 2013 - 21:27
hi, my friend and me want to got to china for 10 days and i want to apply for a visa. on thursday i´m in busan, what should i bring to make the first step.
By: Felix at May 13, 2013 - 10:27
I am German and I lived since 7 month in China now. My Visa expires next week and wanted to get a new tourist visa in Seoul. Because I want to stay another 2 month in China.
What is the best and easiest way to get a visa? And how long would it take?
By: Maria at May 2, 2013 - 23:38

I am an American currently visiting family in Korea and will be taking part in a marathon in Beijing and will be leaving on May 14. How can I go about obtaining a visa for China before then?
By: Bethany at May 1, 2013 - 22:19
My parents and I are traveling to China, departing Seoul on 13 April 2013. We are all US citizens. Is it possible to apply for our travel visas through the Chinese Embassy in Seoul and what do we need to bring with us? How long does it take to get the visa?
By: Anna at Mar 25, 2013 - 23:36
I currently live in South Korea, but my work contract is finishing in May and I will be returning to my home in Canada. However, my flight goes to Shen Yang, China, where I will stay for several days before departing from Beijing. I therefore need to apply for a tourist visa. Online, however, it says that my Alien Registration Card must have a 6 month validity but my ARC expires in 2 months. How do I apply for a visitor's visa to China?
By: Tymone at Mar 25, 2013 - 21:31
I am Nepali citizen currently doing Masters in S.Korea. I wanted to attend conference in Macau and Hongkong. How can i apply for the visa.
By: Pdahal at Mar 24, 2013 - 23:50
Hi I am Australian, Living in Mokpo, i need to get a Tourist Visa express - can anyone tell me how long it takes and where i can get a visa from urgently
By: Larissa at Feb 24, 2013 - 17:45
I'm a PhD student at Korea and I want to participate in a conference on China(Shanghai). What are the required documents to apply for visa and how many days it usually takes to get visa issued.It is worth noting that my nationality is Iranian.Thanks in advance.
By: Mojtaba at Feb 15, 2013 - 5:3
I am in Korea and would like a tourist VISA to China. I have been working here for 6 years, but have no ARC as I am a contractor for LG and Samsung. How can I get the VISA? Thank you.
By: E at Feb 14, 2013 - 4:34
Hello I am an American with a Korean ARC Card. My husband and I would like to obtain a travel visa for China but he is unable to attend the application hours at the embassy. Would it be possible for me to apply in person for myself and my husband without his presence?
By: Alanah at Jan 30, 2013 - 22:29
Hey there,
I am a German with German Passport and live in Taiwan (i have an ARC of Taiwan). I would like to get a visa for Mainland China (as a tourist). I have all the paperstuff but no ARC or similar for Korea. Can i get a visa here?
By: Nora at Oct 29, 2012 - 9:10
I am an American with a Korean ARC card expiring in 2 months. I will begin traveling Asia with a friend (no ARC card) in 1 month; for a duration of a year. We would like to apply for a multiple entry visa to China and a TAR permit. We intend to make a flight free trip and enter through India and visit Mongolia. We are also unsure of the exact date we will in China other than it will be around summer 2013. Will it possible to get tourist visas using the Chinese embassy in Korea?
By: Maria at Oct 19, 2012 - 21:31

May I apply for a first time visa for China (L-tourist visa) while in South Korea. I am an American citizen.

Thank you.
By: Elena at Sep 27, 2012 - 21:40
Good morning,I am from china,qinhai province,I studied in India,I have indian passport,I came to korean with indian passport,I have been living in korea for two years and going to apply citizenship,but they ask me to get relationship certificate from China with the foreign ministry stamp..how can I get it? please,guide..
By: yangbum at Sep 9, 2012 - 20:16
We are two Americans traveling in South Korea. One of us is trying to obtain a visa to visit mainland China for touristic purposes and the other is trying to process a z-visa application. We have the necessary paperwork. Can you please advise how to proceed in Korea as Americans visiting South Korea (non-resident). Thank you!
By: Dan at Sep 7, 2012 - 5:29
I am an American traveling in South Korea who is trying to obtain a visa to visit mainland China for touristic purposes for a week 9/9/12-9-15/12. I have filled put the necessary paperwork on your website including the supplemental form and now need to process the visa. Can you please advise how to proceed in Korea as an American who has never been to China before and who is visiting South Korea (non-resident). Thank you!
By: Danielle at Aug 25, 2012 - 9:13
how can i get an alien registration card with a b2 visa aside having to have an employment stutus,i have 3o days to live in korea,thanks
By: emma at Aug 5, 2012 - 4:39
I have been trying to reach the Chinese consulate by phone, but none of the numbers provided above seem to work. I am a Canadian citizen currently living in Korea. I am planning on applying for a visiting family visa to China, but I only have 1 month left on my ARC. Can I go to the office with all my documents, invitation letter, and apply? Please let me know. Thank you!
By: Elaine at Jul 24, 2012 - 18:18
I am an Indian citizen with E7 korean visa. I have ~2 months left on my ARC. I have a business trip planned to Shanghai next week. Can you please confirm if I can get a visa
By: Rajat at Jul 16, 2012 - 18:22
I am a Canadian citizen with 3 months remaining on my Alien Card. I would like to go to China in September. Is it still possible to obtain a tourist visa to China with only 3 months left on my ARC?
By: Jessie at Jul 3, 2012 - 22:4
I am a US citizen teaching English in South Korea. I would like to travel to China in July to attend a TESOL program as a student. The program is for about 1 month. What do I need to do to obtain a student visa?

Please advise,
Thank you
By: Gabriel at Jul 2, 2012 - 21:33
Hi I M a Pakistani passport holder with F-2 south Korean. Visa living in busan city. I want to visit China as well is it possible for Pakistani to receive a visa in south Korea?also what document would I require for my visa. Waiting your answer. Thanks..........
By: Aamir at Jun 24, 2012 - 20:16
Hello! I along with most other posts only have about 4 or 5 months left on my ARC + E-2 Visa and I want to go to China for vacation in July/August for a bout six days. Really want to see the great wall! What are my options?? Thank you!
By: Matt at Jun 14, 2012 - 22:59
Dear Sir,
I am an american citizen who is living in South Korea, I have a new passport and I would like to take a vacation in China so I can see the great wall.I would like to know if I can get a visa for entry into china through your embasy.

Thank you
By: Roger at Jun 6, 2012 - 20:59
I am an Afghan Citizen come to china for a trainign course to Korea and as the traning course is finish and I have been to China many times before from my country.
As I have some goods order in shounto and want to go for loading and check the goods.
My visa in Korea is for one month and I spend 9 days of my visa so how can I apply for China visa in Korea please email me as soon as you can.
By: Ehsan at May 16, 2012 - 10:40
I have a 1 entry visa for China, I would like to upgrade this for a multi-entry visa. I leave for China in 1 week. What forms will be be required to fill in and what will I need to bring to the consulate?

Many Thanks,
By: Kayla at Apr 26, 2012 - 19:0
I am in Seoul and have a US passport and will need a china visa. How can I apply without ARC? Are there any visa services in US that ships international?
By: Trang at Apr 12, 2012 - 23:30
Dear ladies and gentlemen
I am Croatian passport holder living and working in Korea. I travel frequently to China, but everytime I just get a single entry VISA. Anyway, I will go monthly to China, so what can we do to get the multiple entry VISA?
Thanks a lot
By: Harry at Apr 3, 2012 - 21:17

I am Korean and will be flying to Korea from UK, stopping over in Beijing for less than 24 hours and vice versa. Would I need a transit visa to stop over in Beijing?
Thanks in advance.
By: Kim at Mar 25, 2012 - 4:49
I'm a Canadian citizen with a E-2 Visa living in Korea. I only have 4 months left on my ARC card but would like to apply for a Chinese Visa for August. Does anyone know if there is a way to get around the "6 months validity remaining on the ARC" rule?
** Naomi** I noticed that you had the exact problem, did you find a solution?? If you did, I would really appreciate it if you could let me know!!!
By: Evelyn at Mar 13, 2012 - 1:23
I am currently living in Seoul on an E-2 visa. My passport still has 5 years on it. My Korean visa / ARC expires September 24th. I'd like to go to China on August 18th. This is a ONE-WAY trip, so I am not coming back to Korea. Can I still get a visa to China? What are my options?

Thank you!
By: Naomi at Mar 6, 2012 - 19:33
I am American and will be in Seoul in August, but am going to China to work in September. Can I get my work visa at the Chinese embassy in Seoul?
By: Justin at Feb 14, 2012 - 20:13
Hello. I'm an American citizen studying in Seoul. I would like to visit a friend in China in June 2012. My Korean ARC expires August of 2012. How and where do I apply for a Chinese Visa?
By: Jordan at Feb 3, 2012 - 23:41
I have a 6 month F visa that expires in April, but I am going to Shanghai to study Chinese, do I need to change my visa? Also I have already rented my apartment, is there anything I need to do? Can I change my visa in Shanghai?
By: OMAR at Jan 29, 2012 - 20:42
Hi! My ARC card for South Korea expires on March 31, 2012. I would like to travel to China on May 1, 2012. Since there is no longer 6 months on my ARC card I am wondering what options I have for obtaining a Chinese visa.
By: Callie at Jan 25, 2012 - 22:5
I am Romanian Citizen, living in South Korea for the moment. Soon me and my husband will be relocated in Shanghai, China. We have a cat pet, and of course we want to bring it with us in Shaghai. Can you please give some information about this? I had read that in China is mandatory a Quarantine for 7 days! Is it possible to avoid this? Thank you in advance!!!
By: Roxana at Jan 20, 2012 - 2:45
Hello - I am leaving Korea in March, and plan on traveling S.E Asia. I want to visit China during my trip, but only have 2 months on my ARC right now. What option are available re: obtaining a Chinese tourist visa? Thank you
By: Sarah at Jan 19, 2012 - 3:32
I am planning to visit China on February, so can I get visa to visit Korea from China? And how many hours need from China (Qingdao) to Korea by airplane?
Looking forward to hearing from you soonest.
Best regards
By: waheed at Jan 16, 2012 - 10:37
Do I need a transit visa for China? I'm a South African citizen, traveling from South Korea to Nepal. I have 2 connection flights in China, first in Shanghai PuDong and then in Kunming. I am not returning to South Korea and thus don't have enough time left on my ARC card to apply for a tourist visa. Do I need a transit visa for China at these respective airports? Especially since the flight from Shangai to Kunming is a domestic flight? How else can I apply for a transit or tourist visa to Chin
By: Melissa at Jan 4, 2012 - 22:23
I would also like to apply a Visa to China for our August holiday. I'm married to an English Teacher and we're living here for 2 yrs and a half now. I hope you can help me what and how to sort my Visa out for China. Thank you.
By: Joanne at Jan 3, 2012 - 22:45
I am an Indian, want to book a ticket for Busan to India. Where as I want to know if there is a airport change in china then how can I get transit VISA. Is it available on arrival or I have to get it from Korea. I have 11 months of validity remains in South Korean visa. Please reply
By: Amit at Dec 19, 2011 - 1:7
My time in Korea finishes on February 25th. After Korea, I am traveling to S.E. Asia. But after that, I've booked a flight and a tour in China in April. The problem is that I do not have enough time left on my Korean ARC to get my Chinese visa in Korea. Is there a way to extend the time on my ARC to obtain the China visa? Is there any other way to obtain a Chinese visa? Please help. Thank you.
By: Jeff at Dec 16, 2011 - 21:43
My family and I want to travel to China in January for about 1 week. We have a Korean visa that's good until the end of August. However, my wife's passport will need to be renewed in May, and my son's in June. I heard that 4 months on the passport is ok? Is it possible to get a visa and travel to China? (We are from Canada) Thanks for your help!
By: jonathan at Dec 6, 2011 - 19:59
Im an Indian with 4 months remaining on my alien ID card, and am hoping to go to China over my winter break. I have heard that you can pay an extra fee in order to get the visa even though there is less than 6 months remaining on my ID card. Any info you could provide would be great.

By: Abijith at Nov 30, 2011 - 23:50
I will be entering South Korea for two weeks, and so won't be applicable for an Alien registration card from what I can work out (the Korean website says you need to be staying past 90 days). My Chinese Visa will run out while I'm in South Korea. Will I still be able to get a Chinese visa and return to China after my visit to South Korea?
By: Jacob at Oct 26, 2011 - 8:40
dear sir, i m nepalies, now a days im living in south korea,i have a treatmen G-1 visa for 30 november.i also want to visit china nd then go nepal.so can i get visa for china from south korea?thanks
By: jagdish at Oct 15, 2011 - 19:8
I am Thai tourist travelling in South Korea on a tourist visa. I want to go to China and hongkong for a holiday. Can I apply for a chinese visa in South Korea and how? also do I need to apply for double visa?
By: Sorn at Sep 19, 2011 - 23:15
I am an Australian in South Korea on a tourist visa. I want to holiday in China. Can I apply for a chinese visa in South Korea?

By: Mark at Sep 19, 2011 - 2:15
im from mexico and i was living and working in korea more than two years and i want to go to Beijing one week for vacation with my wife,My company will make soon the alien renewal for my Wife and I, but unfortunately it will not last more than 6 months, it will be less, exist one possibility to get the Chinese visa, thank in advanced
By: Marco at Sep 15, 2011 - 0:53
I am in Seoul as a Tourist and I need a visa to travel to Beijing. I am from El Salvador in Central America. Tell me what or where I have to go to request a Tourist Visa for 1 week in China.
By: Marty at Sep 10, 2011 - 17:38
I am from El Salvador and I am at present in Seoul. I need to get a visa from China since I want to visit Beijing. Can the Consular Office from China in Seoul extend a tourist visa if I go in person?
By: Maria at Sep 10, 2011 - 17:10
my husband who has visa to china is going to business trip to shanghai in 10 days and we wanted our daughter(10 yrs)to join him for the weekend.
she has 2 month remaining on her alien card and 4 years remaning on her passport. Is there a problem with not having 6 months? and why ?
By: mira at Sep 9, 2011 - 0:43
I am a UK citizen working in Korea.

I have 5 weeks left on my aline registration card and am starting a new teaching job in China on October 11th.

I know I can;t get a Z visa as i have less than 6 months on my arc.

How can I start my new job in China?

DO I have to get a return flight to China so I have a flight out and go on a toursit visa and then get an L or Z visa once I'm in China?

Thanks for your help.
By: LeonShoesmith at Aug 28, 2011 - 8:15
i am filipino, working here in Shanghai China for 5 years. I am planning to visit korea for 3 days vacation with my husband and son. I would like to know if it's possible for me to apply korea visa in shanghai and what are the requirements. thanks.
By: Mina at Aug 24, 2011 - 22:54
Hi i am a South African living in South Korea, how many days does it take to obtain a visa to China? Can it be posted to my school, has i live in Namhae.
By: Vimmy at Aug 21, 2011 - 22:44
I'm of Swedish nationality and going to go to South korea after my visa expires in china soon(31 July). Is it possible to get a 30 days turist visa in Seoul (because my flight from China to Sweden is scheduled to 25 august)? Right now i have a X-visa due to I've been a student in China. This is very urgent because if its possible I will go to South Korea and get a new visa and also have a vaccation in Korea.

Thanks in advance!
By: Peter at Jul 26, 2011 - 1:27
hello, my name is Katherine, I'm from central america and i'll like to apply for a chinese visa, i live in taiwan and i want to apply for my chinese visa while I'm traveling in Korea.I'll like to know how long it takes to receive the visa, i need it the fastest possible...thanks
By: katherine at Jul 5, 2011 - 0:39
m pakistani and my qualification is 5 year program in mechanical engineer from russian state.i want job in korea or chaina.can u help me.plz tell me what would be my requirements.thanx
By: salman at Jul 2, 2011 - 5:10
I am a Canadian who is currently living and working in Busan, South Korea. I am planning a trip next year and I will be taking a cruise that stops in China three times during April and May, 2012. The problem is that I will no longer be employed in Korea and therefore my ARC will be expired. Travel agents have told me that because of this, I will have difficulty obtaining a visa. Is this the case? Surely there is another way I can get a visa. Your help is greatly appreciated, Thx
By: Laura at Jun 24, 2011 - 2:8
i want to apply for a chinese visa in Seoul. I am from Portugal. Can i apply to a tourist visa em Seoul?
By: rosa at Jun 16, 2011 - 7:6
i will be in korea for a month, a need the chinese visa to attend my friend's wedding in china. I will aply to the chinese visa in Seoul. I don't live in korea. I'm from Portugal.
By: rosa at Jun 16, 2011 - 7:0
hi iam british citizen now iam in seoul korea i would like to know how long time does it take to obtain a tourist visa for china with the express time or intraday? thank you, i am from europe
By: wlat at Jun 15, 2011 - 11:21
I am an Irish citizen currently living in South Korea on an E2 visa which expires in January 2012. I wish to visit Beijing in September. When should I start the visa application process? And will I have a problem obtaining a visa when my ARC will have less than 6 months left on the card when I enter China?
By: Alison at Jun 12, 2011 - 1:11
Hello I am a Canadian citizen working in South KOrea and have another two months on my ARC. I have a job in China to go to at that time. The school there is applying for a visa on my behalf and I have already signed the contract. What will I have to do here to be able to leave South Korea for Guangzhou? My ARC expires on August 19th but I will be leaving S. Korea on August 16th for Guangzhou. Is this okay?
By: geraldine at May 31, 2011 - 23:26
Hi, im working in south korea on an E2 visa, i would like to visit beijing and Thailand on my summer and winter breaks, i have 11 months still in korea on my visa, please help.what do i need to do as i only have a single entry status on my passport.
By: asanda at May 30, 2011 - 3:52
Hi, I am a Spanish girl traveling, right now I am in China and I want to go to Korea some days. Do I need a visa to enter in the country? I also want to apply for a China tourist visa, how is the procedure? how many days it takes? Thanks!
By: Yolanda at May 29, 2011 - 19:4
i am sri lankan now i living south korea, here is living E-9 visa.. i want and travel china i ask, can i apply china visa and how to apply, what is want document.. please help me..
By: sudath at May 29, 2011 - 1:3
Hi there, thank you in advance for your time. I have the same problem as a lot of people here. I need to get back to China with as little time as possible, without the ARC. Just a tourist Visa would be fine, I'm asking some Travel agencies, just wondering if anybody has found a way! Please advise if you know anything! I'm desperate!
:) Cheers :)
By: Jeff at Apr 29, 2011 - 10:5
I'm Canadian citizen in Busan right now with E2 Visa and my alien card expires in 3 months. I wanted to get Chinese Visa this month so that I could travel China for a week. But they've just told me about that "6 month stay" rule and I don't know what to do anymore. Is there anything I could do to get the Chinese Visa???
By: Alice at Apr 19, 2011 - 18:38
(CONTINUED) I am prepared to make an emergency trip to the Chinese consulate in Busan to rectify the problem, but now I see that the Busan consulate may be enforcing the "6 months remaining validity" rule as well. Can you confirm that the Busan consulate is also applying this new rule? If so, is there any way out of my predicament on such short notice? Might it be possible for me to obtain in South Korea a visa to go to Hong Kong only, but not mainland China?
By: JohnG at Apr 5, 2011 - 21:54
I am a US citizen and passport holder. I currently live and work in South Korea with an E-1 Visa. My foreign registration card expires on August 31 2011. I have already made travel plans to visit Hong Kong from April 14-17 and mainland China from April 17-24. I was intending to visit the Chinese consulate in Seoul tomorrow to be issued tourist visas for both Hong Kong and mainland China. I did not know about the new "6 months remaining validity" rule until just now.
By: JohnG at Apr 5, 2011 - 21:52
I am desperately in need of help. My husband and I work in Seoul. Our Alien Registration Cards expire on August 8th and October 27th. We have already purchased airplane tickets to Beijing for July 30th to August 6th, 2011. We would like to apply for a Chinse tourist visa. However, we have read that you need to have 6 months of validity left on your ARC card in order to apply. How can we get the tourist visa to go on our summer vacation? Thank you for your time.
By: Sarah at Apr 5, 2011 - 5:54
I am an American that wants to visit China after my contract is finished in Korea. I found out today that because there is less than 6 months left on my ARC, that I am unable to do so. I have already purchased plane tickets. What am I supposed to do? Why am I not allowed to travel to China?
By: Rob at Apr 5, 2011 - 0:15

I am a portuguese student in Seoul and I would like to visit China in one month. However, I still don't have my alien registration card. Can I get a tourist visa for China without the card? If so, to which office and at what time should I go to?

Thank you,
Maria Joao
By: MariaJoaoMontenegro at Mar 24, 2011 - 4:29
I have a difficult issue.
I am french and work in Korea as an intern.
I need to go to shanghai just for the week-end from march 4th to march 6th for personal reasons.
The problem is the chinese embassy close at 5:30pm during the week and is not opened on week-end.
Though, I work until 5:30 minimum during the week and my employer will not let me leave before for personal reasons.
Is there another way to get a visa?
By: MaximeDauphin at Feb 22, 2011 - 20:36
I have the same problem as many Americans and Canadians working in South Korea. I am an American that wants to go to China on March 1, 2011. My Korean ARC expires February 22, 2011. I have no intentions to return to Korea. Is there any way to get a China visa???
By: Kirstyn at Jan 11, 2011 - 1:16

Im a US citizen with 4 months remaining on my alien ID card, and am hoping to go to China over my winter break. I have heard that you can pay an extra fee in order to get the visa even though there is less than 6 months remaining on my ID card. Any info you could provide would be great.

Thank you
By: david at Dec 5, 2010 - 18:12
I am a Canadian citizen with 2 months remaining on my tourist visa. I have no Korean identification card and cannot get one. How can I get a visa to travel from Seoul to Beijing?
By: Andrew at Oct 25, 2010 - 17:13
I am an Australian with 4 months left on my ARC. I have flights booked to China in one month. How can I get a tourist visa for China?
Thank you, Rachel
By: Rachel at Oct 19, 2010 - 2:32
i would like to know since i am holding D8 investment PR here in Korea so for me how its possible to get a hong kong visa since i m holding Bangladesh passport please let me know i will appreciate
By: Haider at Oct 14, 2010 - 23:39
I cannot believe that you are asking tourists to have a valid ARC. There should be a way we can go to China, I already bought the tickets.
By: Maria at Oct 3, 2010 - 11:0
I am taking a flight from Busan (South Korea) to Istanbul (Turkey) with a connecting flight in Beijing.

I was wondering if I would be needing a transit visa? I have a valid passport, all my tickets books and seats reserved and won't be leaving the airport. My connecting flight is 10 hours.
By: Owen at Sep 12, 2010 - 20:12
I am a German and working as an intership in Korea. I like to travel to Shanghai from 21.09.-26.09. Do I need a visa for this time?

Looking forward to hear from you.
By: Eicher at Sep 12, 2010 - 19:48
I'm a canadian that is visiting Korea. I want to visit China as well. Is it possible for canadian to receive a visa in Korea? and how much does it cost?
By: Joe at Aug 30, 2010 - 15:14
Hi I am a American citizen. My alient registration card expires late January of 2011. Will I still be able to apply for a Chinese visa?
Please email me soon as you can.
By: Kathy at Aug 6, 2010 - 0:47
I'm a Canadian citizen with a C2 Business visa in South Korea. I don't have an ARC. How do I get a single entry travel visa for China? Immigration did not stamp my passport when I entered Korea. Will this be an issue?
By: Dean at Aug 4, 2010 - 6:27
Hello, I am a Colombian citizen studying in Seoul. I plan to travel to Expo Shanghai for 4 days in early september and I have already bought my tickets. The problem is that my Alien Registration Card expires in December when l finish my studies. Can l please get information what to do? Thanks for helping me
By: Joaquin at Aug 3, 2010 - 14:41
Hi, i am planning on going to china in september. I am south african and like in busan. my friend travling with me lives in daegu - can i get her visa for her when i get mine, by having her passport and official documents or does she have to come in person to obtain a visa? also what documents would i require for my visa?
By: Tessa at Jul 25, 2010 - 20:49
Hi- I have the same problem as soo many others. Need a tourist visa to China but only have about a month left on my alien registration card. I to have already bought a flight to China for July 25th. Is there anyway around this new rule?? PLEASE HELP! as I have family meeting me in China from the US. please email with any info: akohl2079@gmail.com Thanks!!
By: Andy at Jul 9, 2010 - 5:0
Hi- Im a US citizen with 1 year left on my passport and 2 months left on my ARC. Plane tickets have been purchased to China but now I can't get a tourist visa. I have no interest in extending my korean work visa or doing anything illegal in China. It makes no sense to punish a tourist like this. Is there any way to get a tourist visa? What do you recommend?
By: Anne at Jul 7, 2010 - 22:0
Hi, I am Australian, can I get a visa for China while I'm in South Korea? I will have already spent 30 days in China before getting to South Korea. Thank you
By: Fiona at Jul 7, 2010 - 20:57
I am a Canadian Citizen living in Korea. I have another 4 years on my Passport but my Alien Card expires at the end of August. I am planning on on Visiting China after my visa expires for South Korea and am not planning on Returning to Korea but continuing on to Australia. I have already purchased an entry and exit ticket from China. Will I have any problems getting a tourist Visa to China?
By: Sean at Jul 4, 2010 - 17:15
I have 2 months remaining on my South Korean Alien registration / Visa. I am A USA citizen with 2 years remaining on my passport. I am told that I cannot get a visa to China unless I have 6 months remaining on my alien registration. How does that make sense if it is true?
By: Curt at Jul 1, 2010 - 22:38
I would like to apply a china visa but i am here at seoul korea. Iam a filipino. What would be my requirements for applying a visa? Thanks
By: Medsil at Feb 14, 2010 - 19:27

Name (required)
Email (required)

Remaining Character Count: 500
2013 © All rights reserved by Chinese-Embassy.info